192.168.10.1-192.168.l0.1 is the default IP address that is used by most the router companies like the PTCL, TP-Link, and D-Link, in order to access the admin page of the router. Unlike other IP addresses, this 192.168.10.1 IP address is a private IP address, that has got some kind of restrictions in order to get access to the admin panel.
All home broadband routers have a default, private IP address set by the router manufacturer for administrative purposes and as a gateway for home networking. Several manufacturers, including Netgear, D-Link, and ZyXEL, use 192.168.10.1.
With a private IP address like 192.168.10.1, users can only access the address from within a home network. As with public IP addresses, a user can plug 192.168.10.1 into a browser’s address bar, but the page loads the router’s graphical user interface instead of a Web page.
192.168 01 – 192.168.l.0.1 is a private IP address that is used as a default gateway address to log in as an admin to router settings. TP-Link, Huawei, NetGear, Arris, and Zyxel are among the companies assigning these numbers. You can manage all router/modem settings directly through the Web GUI, including managing the SSID and password for your wireless network, as well as DSL, ADSL, and LAN settings.
This IP address provides access to the management interface of your device and the main purpose is to change the security settings, internet settings, Wi-Fi settings, and Wi-Fi password. We will explain to you how to make these settings and changes. But before we do, we need to know what an IP address is 192.168.1.1
If you cannot access the modem management interface even though you have done these procedures, you can use the 192.168.0.1 Introduction to the Modem Management Interface guide. Apart from that, you should check the connection cables, if there is no problem with the connections, you should repeat the same operations after pressing and holding the reset button of your modem for 10 seconds.
- By way of ethernet or WiFi make sure you suitably link the router to the PC or various devices.
- In these cases where the connections are protected, reboot the gadgets linked with the router. Just unplug the modem & switch. After a couple of seconds plug it. Before again checking wait for around two minutes.
- After disabling the firewall retry, if gets turned on.
- If such steps don’t work, try to reset the factory setting on the router by pushing the reset key on the router.
Now, what can we do with 192.168.10.1?
You would be able to get access to your router’s management panel, which is the place where you could arrange your LAN, MAC, WAN, ADSL, WLAN, DNS, WPS block, IP Qos, Proxy & Network Management, and also your security options by utilizing this IP address. In addition to this, you would also be able to configure the routers and network as well.
Keep in mind that you would not able to set up a web association in switch without entering the switch page. This is quite a common thing that many people who need to use the Wi-Fi association still have no idea how to set up the Wi-Fi association, which is actually quite easy in your switch. Here, you need to log in to the switch so that you can perform the investigating process. The reason is due to you have to be prepared consistently, the point whenever you might experience a difficult situation.
How to log in to 192.168.10.1?
If you have a router that uses this 192.168.l0.1 admin login as the default IP address, please follow the below simple steps to log in:
- First of all, you got to check if your connection is made properly. For this, please check whether the power, WAN, LAN, and WLAN lights are switched ON. The power button light should remain steady. The other three lights or diodes should be blinking or flashing continuously.
- Next, open your preferred web browser, and type in this 192.168.10.1 IP address in the address bar. Sometimes, even after you would have entered the correct login credentials, there would be some kind of error message that would pop up. So, in that case, you got to check out for some misspellings too.
- However, if you have genuinely forgotten your login credentials, then you can easily retrieve them. The steps for recovering the login credentials are elaborated in the next section.
However, if it isn’t the default login IP address of your router and you’re not aware of what the default IP address of your router is, here’s what you can do:-
- First step Open CMD (command prompt)
- Then, type ipconfig and press enter.
- You’ll now be able to see your default IP address next to the default gateway.
For MAC OS:
- Go to system preferences which can be found in the Apple menu at the top left of your desktop.
- Go to network tab > network connection.
- Now, click on advance > TCP/IP.
- You can now see your default IP address on the right side.
Finally, you can find the default IP address of your router. Once you’ve found it, you may enter or change the username and password combination to log in.
Changing the Router Password (Access to Settings)
- To change the login information for your Link One router, go to the top menu under “Tools”;
- In the side menu located on your left, go to “Change password”;
- The following information will be requested:
- Current password;
- New Password;
- Confirm new password;
- For the current password, type “admin” as used previously;
- For the new password, just choose the desired password to access your router. It is important to remember that from now on the password to access the router settings will no longer be the factory default and in case of forgetting it will be necessary to reset the router.
- Confirm the new password to proceed;
- Finally, press the “Ok” button. A window will appear confirming the password change, press “Ok” again;
- Go to the “tools” menu again, and press the “reboot router” button;
- To test the new router settings password, login again after reboot.
This tutorial can be useful for those who are having problems accessing or using their Link One router and want to configure it again. If you have forgotten the password to access the router, you can reset the device (it is necessary to press the reset button physically located on the router), and in this way carry out all the configuration of your Link One manually.
A new method for Router configuration using 192.168.10.1 IP
You can easily change your router’s configuration if you know its IP address. Unless you’ve changed it, it will still be the default—either 192.168.10.1 or another address specified in the user’s manual. If you connect the router to your computer with an Ethernet cable and type that IP address into a web browser, you should be directed to the router’s configuration interface.
The interface will ask you for a username and password. Again, unless you’ve changed them, the username and password will still be set to the default; for most Netgear routers the default username is “admin,” and the default password is “password.” Type those in, and you should have access to all of the router’s configuration settings.
Above are the methods to log in to your router from devices such as Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.
If you need more explanation regarding the login process please watch the video below.
Find the 10.0.0.1 IP address
In order to find the router’s IP address, turn the router to the backside or you could even check the box of the router device. In case, you do not find it, then you could follow the below steps:
- Open the command prompt by typing CMD in the Start Menu
- Enter ipconfig in the Command prompt
- Find the location where it mentions Local Area Connection, and below it, you will be able to see the IP address that will be marked as the default gateway
How to connect to the network?
To connect to a network you need to be within the router’s operating range, some having greater performance in terms of distance than others. If this network has protection against access by strangers, a password, for example, it will be necessary to acquire this login from the owner of the network.
Depending on your network settings, you may have access to several other tools that are connected to your network. For example, in a network that includes a computer and a printer, the PC will be able to access the printer remotely (without cables) and activate copying, scanning, etc.
Default Router Username and Password List
|Router Brand||Default IP Address||Default Username||Default Password|
How to Finding the Right Password
Default settings for your router can be found in the instructional booklet that came with it, typically in the instructional list for first setting up the router. If you use a router from your cable or DSL provider, they should have provided the documentation to you with this information. If not, Internet service providers like Comcast offer help forums where you can find the information. The defaults for these ISP routers are often different than the defaults for a router you buy yourself. For example, a common username for a Linksys router from Comcast is “Comcast” and the default password is typical “1234.” By looking online in Linksys’ forums, you can also find the default settings for your router if you search for your specific model.
How to find out router IP using Command Prompt
- Access the Command Prompt
- Right-click the Windows Button or Start Command Prompt or Command Prompt;
- Press “Windows” + “x” using your keyboard and choose the Command Prompt or Command Prompt option;
- Click the Windows, Search or Run button and type “cmd”
- Type in Command Prompt: “ipconfig” and then press Enter
- A series of information will appear where the information you are looking for is described in the Default Gateway item.
And if by chance you don’t have any computer options nearby to find out your router’s IP and you can’t get a borrowed laptop, you need to change your wi-fi password.
So how do private IP addresses actually work?
The private Internet Protocol address ranges are the following:
As you can see IP 192.168.10.1 belongs to this IP address range. The address which is our topic – 192.168.10.1 – happens to be a private address on the Internet Protocol. In fact, an address is regarded as private if it is within an address span that is reserved for private use. In fact, these addresses are typically employed on local networks which comprise business LANs and schools. Thus, a device using a private IP address cannot connect directly to the Internet. Equally, a device that is located externally from the local network cannot link to a device by using a private address in a direct manner. Hence, these links must pass through a device (or, of course, a router) using NAT (short for Network Address Translation) that renders an additional level of safety to the local network. And finally, for the last time, always check if you are typing the IP correctly since 10.0.0.1 Piso wifi and 192.168 l.254.254 is not an IP address.
How do wireless routers protect their web interfaces?
It is a common practice for wireless routers to guard web interfaces with a username as well as a password (web interfaces are the places where the parental control, the networking, as well as the port forwarding settings can be configured). However, these so-called default passwords have the capacity of being altered with the aim of protecting the settings of the router.
If it so happens that you got a used router and don’t know the password or you have forgotten the passport you had assigned to the router previously, there is a way of resetting the password. Not only that but you can also forward ports with no knowledge of the password.
What can you do once you are logged into this IP address
Once you are successfully logged in to this router’s IP address, you could the following activities:
- Change the SSID and password of the router
- Change the username and password login credentials of this router
- Change the DNS to some other private IP address
- Ease or make the security stronger
- Set parental restrictions, etc.
I’m getting an Error Accessing The 192.168.10.1 IP Address.
If this IP address shows an error during the loading time maybe it is possible that you’re using the wrong IP address to access your device also check if you’re entering the correct IP address in your browse
How would I go to the address 192.168.10.1?
For the own modem for into the UI, simply composing http://192.168.10.1 tackle to a program toolbar, or you must input copying. Likewise located from the chemical of the website, you’re able to provide your entry with all the aid of the log-in grab. After playing this particular operation a stand-out one of the absolute most frequently recognized dilemmas will be to really make the password element. Modem (router) should you never have any idea on your own username and password what you could certainly do, you may find from your lesser a part of our work. What will you be equipped to complete at the big event you overlook your password for an issue in class? About the off possibility that you simply forget your password, you have to only to re-set your own gadget. Then you can examine the corresponding password to get default information.
Here are some commonly misspelled IP mistakes users make and the proper way of entering them:
Incorrect: 192.168.l0.l login
Correct: 192.168.10.1 login
Note: If you are unable to access the router’s admin panel at 192.168.1.1, try using a different IP address – 192.168.10.1 or 192.168.1.254
PTCL is the short form for Pakistan Telecommunication company limited. PTCL is the best telecommunication company in Pakistan. It is located in Islamabad, Pakistan. The company has an employee strength of around 18,000. The company provides internet services all over the country even to remote areas. The company also provides routers to subscribed users. PTCL routers mostly use 192.168.10.1 but sometimes it is mistakenly typed as 192.168.l0.1. If you need to access the settings page of the PTCL routers, you need to log in to the PTCL Portal. As said earlier, the IP address of the PTCL portal is 192.168.10.1. Below are the methods to log in to the PTCL portal.
192.168.l0.1 admin login ptcl
- The first step Go to 192.168.10.1 Ptcl Portal official login page with your Windows PC
- Once you successfully logged in, now see the router login page
- Type your router IP 192.168.10.1 and enter the username and password
- 192.168.10.1 Ptcl Porta page will open up
- Now you can customize all your settings and also change the WiFi password.
Default logins credentials for 192.168.10.1 admin:
Tips to make sure your connection is all set:
Below are mentioned some of the tips that you got to check before you connect to this 192.168.l0.1 ptcl:
- Firstly, disconnect your modem from the power supply
- To the back of the modem, you will have to connect the ethernet cable to it
- Now, connect the WAN jack to the back of the wireless router
- Then, plug in another new Ethernet cable to the LAN jack port, which is present at the back of the router. Connect it to the computer
- Now, connect the cable modem and also the router to the power outlet
- Now, switch on the power button that is at the back of your device
Changing The Local 192.168.10.1 IP Address
Another setting you may wish to change is the local IP address of your router, with more on the differences between the local and the public IP address detailed below. If you do change your router’s local IP address, you will not be able to access the router with 192.168.10.1, so you should ensure to remember your new address. To change the address:
- Go to the setup menu or similarly-named option
- Click on the network settings option.
- Under the router settings, type in your desired IP address
- Save the changes.
Advantages of using IP 192.168.10.1
- One major advantage of these devices is that the IP address http://192.168.10.1 can be conveniently used by two different users belonging to a different network with little or no risk of conflict.
- No need of using additional switches or any separate DHCP server when using this IP address since your router will help accomplish different tasks.
- The IP address can be used to manage and monitor the function of the router and transmission of information is made easy using this IP address. You can also use this IP address as the default gateway and the IP address 192.168.10.1 is used for data processing and to send data to different locations and destinations.
How do you change the network name and password via 192.168.l0.1 tenda?
Changing your SSID and password of your wireless network via the admin console of your router. Once you get access to the admin console of your router, you will have the option to change the SSID and password, and set it as per your requirements.
For doing this, please follow these easy steps as explained below:
- Login to the admin console by typing in the IP address in the address bar of your preferred web browser
- Once you have logged in, go to Home>Wireless>Security option
- Next, scroll down and search for the Network Name of the SSID. Here, you got to enter your SSID in the field that is provided for it
- If you wish to change the password, select the encryption protocol for the wireless network. Now, enter the new password in the WPA passphrase field
- Finally, click on the Apply / Save, in order to confirm the changes that you have made so far
Steps to Recover IP Address Password & Username
Below are the step-by-step ways for recovering IP Address Password & Username:
- Locate the reset key on your Router.
- Push & Hold it for ten seconds & release it, after all, the LED glanced
- Wait for a little time & then connect with the computer.
- Open Browser & in URL bar type 192.168.10.1 or http // 192.168.10.1> Enter.
- Now your password & username will be admin –admin – admin or password.
After you sign in for the foremost time you will be encouraged to modify the password. Moreover, you would now be sure you have efficiently reset the password. In web accounts, it is likely to quickly get the password merely because they offer you with few techniques by which you may restructure your lost password.
192.168.10.1 vs. 192.168.l0.1-What is the Difference?
- A great many people consistently mistype the digit “1” by composing “I” all things being equal. On the off chance that you investigate, you will see that the subsequent location has a letter rather than a digit.
- The thing is, router IP addresses don’t utilize letter sets they just use digits.
- So to keep away from mistakes while attempting to get to your router administrator board utilizing this IP address, twofold check the location subsequent to composing to guarantee it doesn’t contain any letter set.
How to perform a factory reset of your modem?
There might be some cases, wherein you would have forgotten the password. So, in those cases, you could easily regain the original password using the default user name and password of the router.
Below are mentioned the steps in order to retrieve the login user name and password of your router:
- Grab any sharp or a pointed object – for example, a toothpick or even a paper clip would do
- There will be a small reset button that is hidden at the back of your route
- Using this paper clip or the toothpick, long press and hold the button for about 10 to 15 seconds, and then leave it free
- Once the router lights start to blink, it is an indication that the router is getting ready to reboot
- Once it is rebooted, the entire router will get reset to the factory mode
- Now, you will be able to log in to the admin console using the default password and user name
Troubleshooting tips for 192.168.l0.1 admin login ptcl:
There are some cases where we would be stuck with some issues that would lead us to troubleshoot the problems from our end. Below are the cases that could help us with troubleshooting the problems:
INVALID IP ADDRESS
Usually, it is quite difficult to enter the IP address and there are many chances to get the wrong IP address entered. So, when you by mistakenly enter any extra digit or some unnecessary character, you will be taken to a different page. Or in some worst cases, the page will not load at all. So, to avoid such errors, you can just copy and paste the IP address in the address bar of your web browser.
MISSING ETHERNET CABLE
Most of the routers would require some kind of a physical connection before you could get access to the IP address. In these cases, ethernet cables are being used. This is a very simple connection between the router and the computer.
After following all these steps mentioned above and if you are still not able to get your router connected with the IP address, then there are high chances that your router is not working the way it should be working as said. There might be some issues with the placement of the components inside of the router. So, in these cases, the best option is to consult any expert of professionals in this field, or you could even ask the router’s manufacturer.
Wifi Network connectivity
Wi-fi has made it easier in network connectivity methods without the haste of usage of long wires and sturdy processes during the connectivity. After the establishment of a wi-fi network, it allows the users with internet access based on frequencies from 2.5ghz- 5ghz based on the data provided by the network. The wireless network has been very much handy in the present days when compared to traditional wired networks, but one major setback has been with the broadband connectivity of the wireless network.
With wireless networks, it’s easy for others to access the internet using the broadband connection even though they reside in the neighboring building or the parking lot. All of this could be such a big problem since it increases the internet bill when paying through the pay per byte of data transfer, it might slow down the data access speed of the internet connectivity, and others might even get a chance to hack your details using our Wi-fi connection.
Cyber Crimes like hacking of personal data and hacking computers to use it for bad deeds have become popular recently, and innocent people have been bait for these hackers for having an unsecured wireless network connection. While all this might sound scary, it’s not hard enough to secure your internet connection and protect yourself from others who steal your data or from hackers.
Care for the security of your devices and your network
Never choose the option where you leave your home’s internet without a password because you will leave you and all the residents of the home without any kind of security regarding the information transmitted on your network. Open networks attract the most diverse types of people, including bad intentions, where you can have banking information, personal data, and even confidential professional data being released on the Internet, without your authorization.
That’s why we recommend the WPA2 password standard so that all your data is safe from intruders who want to exploit people in exchange for personal gain. You may be thinking that it is a great exaggeration to be able to invade someone else’s network, this is where many people are wrong, it is simpler than you might think. So be careful, don’t give your network password to strangers or neighbors and, if possible, change it from time to time
192.168.10.1 Router IP issues
Internet connection issues: Sometimes the router has the issue that its internet connection doesn’t work in that case contact the Dlink router contact number. They will help the users.
Not playing online games: When the internet connection will slow down cause the router doesn’t work perfectly then users will face issues in playing online games.
Not able to share files: Due to a bad internet connection users can’t share their files to the other network.
Router stuck issues: Sometimes router is stuck somewhere in between the processing of the internet access.
Regularly Asked Questions
Q1 – I can not get to the web the executives page.
- Assurance you are making the right IP address. While a couple of switches maintain 192.168.0.1, others may maintain a substitute variation. Sort out some way to discover your switch passage IP address.
- Use another program and endeavor again.
- Restart your switch and hold up a few minutes of seconds being endeavoring again.
- Check-in case the switch’s LAN port is viably associated with the modem’s link.
- 192.168.o.1 is an invalid IP address that guarantees you enter the URL properly.
Q2 – I can not get to the web after arrangement.
- Check if you have a working information plan or on the other hand if your month-to-month information portion is outperformed.
- If your affiliation type is PPPoE, by then you need to contact your web laborer provider for the username and secret word. Without entering the right nuances it will not get related. In this way for Static IP type, you need to enter nuances as indicated by your ISP.
- In case you are changing your switch yet the web affiliation is old, by then you need to incorporate the old MAC Address in the new game plan. It is consistently found in Internet Network decisions under the Advanced board. At the point when you got it incorporate it under the Use Custom MAC Address field.
Q3 – How would I be able to change my default Router IP address?
For various security reasons, it is recommended to have a changed switch IP address. Here is the way to do it:
- TP-Link: Login to your web interface > Advanced > Network > LAN > Change as preferred in IP Address field > Save changes.
- D-Link: Access your administrator board > Setup Tab > Network Settings > Router Settings > Router IP Address > Save Settings.
- Netgear: Login to NetGear Genie > Advanced > Setup > LAN Setup > LAN TCP/IP Setup > IP Address > Apply Changes.
Q4 – I need steps to change the SSID and wireless password of my Tenda wifi router, how do I do it?
- Ans: – First, connect your Tenda router to your computer.
- Next, log in to Tenda wireless setup by using the 192.168 0.1 setups Tenda.
- Now, click on the Advanced settings.
- Here, you can change the SSID.
What If You Cannot Connect to the Router with 192.168.10.1 IP?
- There are many instances where you are unable to login to 192.168.10.1 IP and this can be due to various reasons.
- 192.168.l0.1 IP is not the commonly used IP address and often time people make a mistake by entering the wrong IP on the address bar of the browser and as a result, they are unable to access the login admin page of the router.
- So, the very first thing to check is the combination of numbers that you are entering in the address bar of the router. If one single number is wrongly typed then the admin login page won’t pop up and hence you will face difficulty in logging in.
- The second thing that you need to check when your attempts fail is the default username and password. It is important to note that the default username and password must be entered correctly for a successful login.
- So, ensure that you are entering the right username and password at the time of logging in so that you can successfully get access to the admin page of the 192.168.10.1 IP.
Most Common Brands Using 192.168.10.1
D-Link ROUTER LOGIN SETUP Using 192.168.10.1?
- The first step connects your Dlink router with your laptop or desktop using an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on your PC.
- Open any web browser and type http://192.168.10.1 or 192.168.10.1 and press enter
- finally, your Dlink Login panel will be open now enter the default username and password.
Netgear ROUTER LOGIN SETUP Using 192.168.10.1?
- The first step connect (or) plug the Netgear router with your Windows PC
- Then Open any web browser
- Type your router IP 192.168.10.1> Enter
- Enter the Router username and password.
- Go to Wireless Settings and modify settings.
TP-Link ROUTER LOGIN SETUP Using 192.168.10.1?
- The first step Connect your TP-LINK Router with the PC using the RJ45 cable.
- Open Your chrome browser and type 192.168.10.1 and press enter
- Then enter your default router username and password. The router Admin page will open up. Now apply the required settings.
CISCO ROUTER LOGIN SETUP Using 192.168.10.1?
- The First Step Connect your Cisco Router to your PC using an RJ45 cable.
- Connect the adapter and turn on the Router and PC.
- Open your web browser and type 192.168.10.1 and press Enter.
- Enter the Default username and password.
- Finally, open the Cisco Router Admin Page.
- Now you can customize all your settings and also change the WiFi password.
TENDA ROUTER LOGIN SETUP Using 192.168.10.1?
- To login to Tenda W300D Router.
- Open your web browser type 192.168.10.1 and press Enter.
- Now see the router login page with 2 text fields
- Then, Enter the Default username and password.
- Finally, open the Tenda W300D Router Admin Page.
- Now you can customize Tenda W300D Router Admin Page.
How to change the SSID Settings?
SSID means Service Set Identifier. To change the SSID settings of a router first, you need to log in to the admin page of the router. Once you log in to the router settings page, you can not only change the SSID settings but also can change the guest WiFi settings, WiFi username, and password, Encrypt type, and security. In the wireless section, You can change all the settings related to the wireless device.
How to find my router login credentials?
Most routers will have their username and password printed on their manual book. You can find the username and password on the credential page of the manual. If you can’t find the manual book or you have lost the manual book then you need not worry, you can just look at the data in the default router credentials. If you have already changed the username and password for your router and lost the credentials then you can simply reset the router and get the router back to its default credentials.
BRANDS THAT ARE USING 192.168.10.1 login IP ADDRESS:
Some of the brands that make use of this IP address are as follows:
- We Vo
- Media Link
- Tren Diet
- Ic Intracom
- Radio locus
- Zy Xel
- Jet Stream
POPULAR ROUTER BRANDS:
Some of the popular router brands are as follows:
- D Link router login
- Asus router login
- Cisco router login
- Tenda router login
- Arris router login
- Comtrend router login
- Netgear router login
- Tp-Link router login
- Linksys router login
- Belkin router login
POPULAR ROUTER IP ADDRESS:
These most popular router IP addresses areas listed below:
So, this is all about the IP address 192.168.10.1 and all the important information regarding this IP address, the stepwise procedure for logging in by using this 192.168.10.1 IP address, and information about the factor resetting the wifi routers. The prime purpose and functions of the IP addresses especially consist of locating the host and connecting to the host for the data transfer packets.